This blog is long overdue, but I needed time to research other blogs to nominate for these awards. I must say that it has been a lot of fun and very inspiring to see all the blogs out there!
First and foremost, I want to thank the two incredible women who nominated me:
Thank you Andreea of The Windy Kitchen for nominating me for the Versatile Blogger Award. Yours was the first award, and it came as a complete surprise. I can’t tell you how good it felt to be recognized and validated!
Also, thank you Gretchen of GG Is Wheat Free for nominating me for the Liebster Award. Being recognized as an up-and-coming blog has made me even more motivated and inspired to continue on this path, and I look forward to seeing how it all unfolds.
Random Fact About Me:
Part of accepting the awards is sharing some facts and information about myself. I’m not exactly sure what to share so I hope this will suffice:
1. My journey on the personal development path began in 9th grade when I attended my first positive thinking and goal setting seminar. My life was never the same! For the past 20 years, I’ve studied human behavior, motivation, and the principles of success.
2. I became vegan overnight (literally) after picking up Alicia Silverstone’s “The Kind Diet.”
3. Before attending culinary school, I had never done anything beyond pouring a bowl of cereal, making a sandwich or eating a protein bar! I used to look at food and not know what to do with it. Getting certified as a raw food chef changed every aspect of my life.
4. Although I’ve been into health and fitness for many years now, it was my experience of eating a plant-based food plan that opened my eyes to a whole new world. For the first time, I realized that food could be delicious and healthy – appealing to the eyes and senses – gratifying – and nourishing to the body, mind and soul. What a concept!
5. Having grown up overweight and recovered from an eating disorder, my goal is to help people live a healthy lifestyle, and I believe it starts from the inside-out. My intention is to remove the shame, fear, and confusion a lot of people have around food and change the “diet” mentality into a conscious living mentality.
6. I met my Italian boyfriend in Oklahoma City of all places! We’re now living between Italy and the U.S.
7. I love being a coach, and I feel incredibly lucky to be living my dreams and doing what I love.
Paying It Forward:
** For those of you who follow my blog, you may be surprised that I listed several non-vegan food blogs. Truth be told, I am often inspired the most by such blogs as I like to take recipes that inspire me and “veganize” them to see what new creations I can come up with. I look to all food blogs and creative outlets for inspiration!
Versatile Blogger Award:
Soulshine Traveler – Serving, traveling, and running around the world
I’m inspired by anyone who risks the security of their career to pursue their dream of traveling the world and volunteering their time along the way.
Baker Bettie – Get busy in the kitchen with me …
Going to this blog makes me feel warm and cozy. The photos are amazing to say the least, and the food looks mouthwatering and heavenly. Her attention to presentation and food styling is inspiring and beautiful. I aspire to become such a gifted photographer and food stylist.
Frugal Feeding – The quality of being economical with money or food
I like the fact that the blog is dedicated to eating great, healthy food on a relatively small budget.
DocBrenda’s Blog – What you really need to know about women’s health, pregnancy, childbirth & more
This is an informative blog about women’s health.
Ruby Beauty Organics – Beauty From The Inside Out
I was very happy to come across a site dedicated to reviewing organic beauty products and all things healthy. I think it’s easy to get caught up on the best foods to eat and forget that what we put on our skin is equally as important as what we put into our mouth.
Liebster Blog Award:
Mama’s Gotta Bake – She’s bad, she’s bold … and she likes sugar
First of all, I love her tag line, and anyone who admits to being “bad, bold, and liking sugar” is great in my book! 🙂 That aside, I can relate to her story of loving food to bring friends and family together. That’s what I love most about food too. Also, her photos are great!
Blissful Brit – Livin’ Pura Vida
In addition to liking her motto of trying to maintain “balance” and “bliss” between all aspects of her life, I like that her blog is dedicated to healthy living for young adults. I think we need more young, healthy role models these days.
Pasta Princess & More! – Homemade Colorful Pasta & More …
Although I’m not one to eat a lot of pasta, I’ve never seen such beautiful, colorful pasta. It looks like art! The other photos on her food gallery look delicious too.
For Women Only – “KISS” Keep It Simple & Smile!
I like that this blog is written by a variety of women with medical, holistic and business backgrounds. There is power in numbers, and I like they have joined forces to nurture women on many levels.
Sprout – New roots in holistic life, vegan cooking and creativity
Being vegan myself, I’m always looking for new vegan sites and recipes and was happy when I came across this site.
Liebster Award Side Note: I hope that I didn’t nominate someone who had more than 200 followers. Many times, I wasn’t able to locate how many followers a blogger had. If I did nominate someone with more than 200 followers, please accept the award knowing that your blog is greatly appreciated 🙂
Here’s to all the incredible bloggers … Thank you for inspiring me!